A lot of businesses wonder whether they should be blogging. Here are some compelling reasons why 2016 is the year for you to start your business blog.
- Your potential customer has an issue they can’t resolve. So they turn to the internet for a quick answer.
- They search specifically for “How do I…?” or “Where do I find…?” etc.
- The internet finds your blog which includes the very terms they’re looking for.
- And so a new customer has been introduced to your product or service which helps them out with their immediate issue, and statistics show this person is more likely to make a purchase at the time.
- Expert in your field. Blogs are a great way to establish yourself or your organisation as an expert in your particular field.
- Earn Trust. According to HubSpot’s 2015 article, blogs are the fifth most trusted option for sourcing accurate information online.* In today’s competitive business climate it can be challenging to build trustworthy relationships with not only our customers and prospective clients, but also colleagues, peers, and industry influencers. Having a blog is one of the most effective ways to bridge that gap, and ensure you are at the top of peoples’ minds when a purchasing decision is made.
- Blogging is a powerful communications tool. The data and statistics clearly show that blogging has become an integral part of a holistic marketing plan for self-employed people. i.e. real estate agents, individuals within an organisation, small businesses, and corporate organisations.
- Increase website traffic.The statistics are clear – companies that blog have 97% more links to their website.* That’s 97%! We see the evidence of this fact every day in this job. Businesses without blogs simply don’t get as much website traffic – and people who come to websites from blogs have a brand connection, so they are generally more serious and dedicated.
- Cost effectiveness. The cost to establish, launch, and maintain a blog is low compared to many other forms of marketing, and it is easier to measure the return on investment.
Do you have a business blog?
– At VaVaZoom, we’d love to help with blogging strategy or execution.
*Statistics sourced from Hubspot.